Monday, July 20, 2015

Barbarian Project + updates

3D model paint over

I started a Barbarian project a couple weeks ago. The Barbarian is based on the following original concept by Caio, whos an amazing concept painter. 
Caio's original artwork
I broke down the design to plan for 3D sculpting and modeling, and here is the concept breakdown I painted to analyse the components.
Concept Breakdown
A quick update on the Barbarian project. I am currently at retop stage, which is a complete pain, but you got to get through it for painting textures. The sculpt is done, and the secondary details of the fur  will rely on texture maps. I definitely put in more work than is actually needed, but I do want the model to look good by itself. The painted fur textures, while very important for the read and overall look, cannot be the center stage of the character. I want him to be intimating. I don't want the audience's first thought to be "Such pretty fur!". Anyways here are the caps for the sculpt I am retoping on.






2 comments:

Addtoany