Thursday, September 3, 2015

Zagara Project WIP

This project is going to be my last major character project before starting school at Gnomon. The Desert Queen skin of Zagara in Heroes of the Storm is my favorite skin. There are many reasons why I think she is a great subject to do a sculpture on. One of them being that I have never done an HD sculpt just for the sake of sculpting. I have done a lot of sculpting in the past that were focused on being baked into a game mesh. For this last project, I want to go all out, and unchain myself from polycount limit and just have fun with sculpting.
I have a few goals I want to accomplish:

  1. produce a couple beauty render that are poster worthy
  2. High resolution sculpture that looks great far away and also in close ups
  3. Capture the character's emotion in the sculpture
  4. If time permits, texture the character and render with realistic shaders.


Here is the paint over of the skin. The skin is beautiful but there are a number of areas I don't really like, and also post some problems. One being the weird "hair extensions" clipped on the underside of the head dress. The 3 pieces of hair on each side looks really awkward and covers up parts of the model. The hair in the back looks great because it contributes to the silohuette of the character, but the clip on extensions gotta go. I also redesigned the center piece of the head dress because the decor was a bit too simple for a high resolution sculpt. The materials are also explaned in the paint over in case I can carry it into the shading process.




3 comments:

Addtoany